14 things to knowing me a little better
lori portkas beautiful blog
(just a goofy little picture my son took of me last ski season)
1. so its october and this is the first thing that popped in my head, i hate halloween. i always have, even as a little kid and i am not quite sure why.
so, this months edition of martha stewart living is a little freaky.
she is the queen of halloween. it makes me mad that spell check wants to capitalize halloween. i don't think its a holiday. enough about halloween. whew!!!
2. i have two black labs. turner, three is my vegan puppy and killey (pronounced key-lee) is one and we inherited her from some good friends earlier this year. i love dogs, but i was very hesitant to get one because we are away from home a lot. i am so glad they are here and a part of our family.
3. i love to dance at the night clubs in las vegas.
no one knows who we are and we can let loose. yes, my husband likes to dance too!!
4. i like papa roach and eminem.
5. i love yoga, but i don't make enough time to do it. i keep telling myself i need to make a date with rodney yee. i love how he teaches us yoga on a cliff or a beach in hawaii with his soft voice and tight shorts, hmmmmm, maybe that why i like yoga=)
6. i prefer to listen to music rather than watch t.v.
7. i have always wanted to attend the olympics. i am so inspired by their amazing talent and dedication. the opening ceremonies and medal ceremonies make me cry. i always think of how proud the athletes and their families must be.
8. i fall more in love with my husband each year. he is my best friend, i am so proud of him, and i can only hope that our kids will be just like him when they get older.
9. i love the movie the princess bride.
10. i don't like to kill spiders. i want to set them free when everyone else is screaming and trying to stomp on them. every creature is here for a reason.
(we don't have black widows in alaska=)
11. my favorite flower is the sunflower and my favorite book is to kill a mockingbird.
12. the first earthquake i felt was in alaska.
13. i desire to own my own business someday and work with my family. we spend so much time apart and i miss them.
14. i want a girly bike with big handle bars and a basket. i imagine peddling around town in a cute dress and cowboy boots. i would also have fresh fruits and vegges in my basket from the farmers market.
this was so much fun.
have a super weekend.