inspire . create . love . simplify . connect



Sunday, October 24, 2010

a 4 leaf clover...a ring...and a moose, kinda week

xo
this week was a busy one filled with a lot of emotion. i find that the little things these days really touch my heart and bring tears to my eyes. 
the week started off pretty normal but ended with an assortment of stories. 
  
the 4 leaf clover*

first i met an old man with very interesting interest, 4 leaf clovers.  i love to hear about peoples passions and this man was so sweet i couldn't help but listen to his story.  he talked all about the record he holds for the amount of clovers he's collected over the years (i believe it was some where around 178,000).  after the 10th time he told me where i could find his record online he reached into his wallet and pulled out a very special clover just for me.  i was so touched that he would share one them with me.  i will cherish it.  i come across some very interesting souls and minds at my work.  you never know who is going to walk through the doors or call on the phone or what story you are going to hear.

the sweet lady and the ring*

i was working on thursday when i decided i needed a pen.  i picked up the little pen holder and discovered a ring.  i plucked the ring out and remembered a very sweet old lady that i had helped about 3 weeks earlier.  she was fidgeting with the ring and was unhappy with the way it fit her finger so she wanted to give it to someone who would enjoy it.  i tried (and thought i had succeeded)to help her fit it on another finger that was more comfortable for her. 
after finding the ring in the pen holder i gave her a call and talked with her.  she seemed lonely and sad, which made me sad.  i have thought about her ever since and wondered if she has anyone to have tea with or just sit with.  as i thought of her the tears came to my eyes and i truly hope that she is happy and not alone. 

my moose*

friday morning after dropping the kids off at school i started on my way to work when the traffic ahead of me was stopped.  i noticed something in the road, but it was still a little dark so it took me a minute to realize that it was a moose.  as you know they are quite large, so when they try to cross the road at a bad time it becomes an ugly situation.  the moose was still alive but its legs were broken.  with its brother or sister waiting on the other side of the road it tried to get up and walk across to be by its side.  all four legs were broken and it didn't make it far before it collapsed to the ground.  i was so overcome with emotion that i couldn't lift my foot to the gas pedal to drive on my way and keep traffic flowing.  thankfully the driver who hit the moose pulled around to make sure it was not hit again by oncoming traffic.  as i finally pulled away i couldn't control the tears.  it was one of the worst things i have ever seen.  i cried all the way to work and thought about the moose all day.  moose are killed quite often on our highways, and it is something i will never get used to.

wishing you all a fabulous weekend filled with love and special memories--
xo

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Kelley. Each of these posts were so touching & brought tears to my eyes--I felt them all so deeply. Thank you for sharing your tender, open heart with us.

    Oh, that sweet moose...

    It's raining like crazy here in Oregon--a good day to sit in quiet and listen and read your loving words.

    Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these made me sad...and almost start crying :( but I love reading your blog and what you have to say. I check it everyday! Miss you so much and I wish I got to spend more time with you

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day...i love hearing from you...please say hello...