inspire . create . love . simplify . connect



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

thoughts...my world is a better place with a good cup of coffee


my morning coffee. 
every morning i am so excited to get out of the shower and head downstairs to the yummy smelling coffee pot.  my husband is up before me to let the dogs out and feed them their breakfast so he gets the coffee ready for us each morning.  
 i have four very special coffee mugs from anthropologie.  each mug has the initials of our family, g, k, m, and c.  there is something special about drinking out of them,  its a combination between their sturdiness and cuteness.  i always look at the letter to see "who's" mug i have for the day.
i love the smell and the comfort of the warm mug in my hands.  i  bring my coffee upstairs while i get myself and the kiddos ready for the day.  it is such a simple thing, but brings so much joy to my mornings.
 i have learned to appreciate a black cup of coffee with no added sugar or cream.  i have watched my husband drink it that way for years, not quite sure how he did it, but now i know what i was missing all those years.
i used to pull through the coffee line at a locally owned coffee stand each morning.  one of my goals was to only drive through once a month.  so far it is working out well and i figure i am saving a few dollars too. 
think about something simple that brings joy to your day to day life.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...i'm so with you on every part of this post--down to the part about watching my husband drink it black for years & not understanding how he does it. The only thing is, i still need the cream & sugar (or think i do). I've really tried to like it black but haven't quite gotten there yet. Hmmm. I'm wondering what finally got you there? It sure would save on the calories if i could do it without all the extras. :)

    By the way, i was told this morning that it's national coffee day today. Did you know that or was this post just a happy coincidence?

    It really is the little things, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Auntie :( I can't wait to see you and the family in December. Thank you so much for always being there for me through the tough times. I love you and miss you like crazy

    xoxo
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day...i love hearing from you...please say hello...