inspire . create . love . simplify . connect



Thursday, September 9, 2010

ready to fly

last night we said goodbye to sammy.  she is headed off to washington for college in the morning. i am so sad and i will miss her so much.  basketball season wont be the same without her running up and down the court, but i am so excited for her to experience college and most of all getting out of alaska.  i think every child that grows up here should go to the "lower 48" or the real world as i call it to see whats out there.  it will be so weird and wonderful for her to have a winter without snow.  i think i am a little jealous=) i might just have to go visit!! 
sam is an amazing young woman with so much potential for an amazing life.  i am so excited to see how she grows and what path she chooses. she will be a success and follow her heart.  best of luck sweet niece of ours, we love you. 
christmas break will be here before we know it.
i look forward to so many fun times with sam, she is not only my niece but a friend i will cherish always.
xo

1 comment:

  1. I love you Aunt Kelley :) I'm going to miss you and your family so much. I can't believe i'm already heading out to school. Seems like yesterday we were laying out on the beach in Hawaii in June. I can't wait for many more vacations like that. and my 21st birthday :)) I love you so much and i know i can come to you for anything. I will see you shortly. I hope the next 3 months go by fast.
    Love
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day...i love hearing from you...please say hello...