inspire . create . love . simplify . connect



Monday, November 15, 2010

just me and monday

i have a love hate relationship with mondays.  i hate them because the weekend is over and my time with the fam comes to an end.  early mornings, making lunches, and leaving the house before the sun comes up (its not getting light in the morning until about 8:30 these days) begin again with the start of the work and school week.

on the other hand i love mondays.  ahhhhhhhhh... its my day off from work and my day to have all to myself.  my day to be lazy, busy, creative, whatever i choose!!!! 

after i dropped the kids off at school i came home to the treadmill.  i am not a gym person and i don't like to run outside in the winters so, my treadmill becomes my new best friend.  i have to force myself to get back in the routine, but once i do i am ALWAYS so happy and i feel great.  alaska can be real grey in the winter so my treadmill helps keep the winter blues away!!!!! 
 

today i choose to stay home all day--no appointments no errands.  its just me and my dogs, sitting and enjoying the quiet!!  the snow is falling and it looks beautiful.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day...I so savor those days of quiet.

    I managed to get myself out the door this morning at 5:40 to get to a 6:00 cycling class...it was really tough dragging myself out of the warm bed but all day long I was happy I had done it. Exercise makes a hugely positive difference in my state of being.

    Thank you for sharing your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day...i love hearing from you...please say hello...