as the temps drop back down below zero
i began to crave homemade soup. i love to make all sorts of veggie and bean soups, but i wanted something different. i had an entire box of tomatoes and a bag of peppers in the fridge and decided a tomato soup sounded perfect.
with a little help from rachel over at little nest here is a great little recipe to eat as soup or on top of some fabulous organic whole wheat noodles.
1. cut in half about 10-15 tomatoes (any kind will work, i used roma)
2. cut and slice peppers anyway you like
3. place both tomatoes and peppers on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
1. in a small sauce pan cook 2 table spoons coconut oil, about 4 pieces garlic pressed, a little hot pepper sauce, pepper, basil, thyme, and italian seasoning to taste.
2. after garlic starts to brown transfer mixture to a crock pot and set on high.
1. after tomatoes and peppers finish roasting chop in blender or cuisinart. i like my soup a little chunkier so i didn't blend too long. you can make it how ever you prefer.
2. add to crock pot and cook for about an hour and a half.
3. serve with cracker or bread and add cheese if you desire.
so nice to enjoy some warmth on this day of 12 degrees below zero