inspire . create . love . simplify . connect



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a few of my favorite things...week 2

around the house

here are a few of my fav's
my favorite curtains (in my dining room) from anthropologie
last spring i sold my old red pottery barn curtains at our garage sale.  i went curtainless for the entire summer (we have almost 24 hours of daylight in the summer, so theres not much need for window coverings) while i searched for the perfect pair.  i kept going back to a few different patterns at anthro and finally settled on these green and blue beauties!!!
my favorite painting!!!  my kids go to a school that integrates art, music and science into every part of their curriculum.  so, they are always bringing home amazing artwork that i love to display in the house.  this one my son did a few months ago!!
my fireplace and mantel are one of my favorite places in the house.  you can see it from almost anywhere and it is super cozy when the fire is going and we are all nestled in the living room.
our family photo and our letter "S" from anthro
when we first moved into this house i was a little overwhelmed with this wall.  its huge and i wanted something grand.  i originally wanted a huge art piece but i am so glad i decided to display photos of the kids on these wonderful pottery barn shelves
my pantry is small, but it works out really well with these wire baskets.  originally there were horrible bi-fold doors that the kids squished their fingers in so i ripped them off and put up a curtain rod and curtains for a much softer look.

a little sneak peek at my new anthro bedding!!!!  i will show more of our bedrooms later. 

my very messy workspace!!!!!!

more places for photos in the dining room

so there are a few of my favorite spots around the house. 
love

1 comment:

your comments make my day...i love hearing from you...please say hello...